Personal goals for 2024
In company in which I work now, we use OKRs to define our goals for upcoming quarters or years. I like it because it both shows what we want to achieve and why. For next year I defined three objectives that I want to strive for and so they are.
Objective 1: To become successfull software developer
I'm rather satisfied with my current career, but world is rapidly changing, especially when it comes to AI development. I don't think that AI will cause that software developers become redundant, but it means that our work will require better skills that now. Therefore I would like to gain skills that will help me to stand out on the job marker.
- acquire any industry certificate - for the 5 years of professional career I haven't passed any industry certificate exam. I would like to get one of AWS Certified, CKAD or LPIC to help me prove my skills.
- pass CAE exam - knowing English is essential in this industry, I want to prove myself and others that my English is good enough.
- develop some pet project - my GitHub profile is rather empty, I would like to create something that I would work with in my free time and would be valuable for me or others. I already have some ideas to pick from.
Objective 2: To stay healthy and fit
As software developer it's not unusual that I sit in front of a desk 8 hours a day or more. I also don't like sports nor have I people to play with. I like sweets and fast foods. All of that results in slight abdominal obesity, general overweight, bad shape and poor condition. I don't wait for 2024 to work with it, since mid October I already lost more than 10 kg of weight, but it's only the beginning.
- develop abdominal and chest muscles - until now I do only cardio trainings with treadmill. It does help with losing weight, but rather doesn't develop muscles. In the future I want to focus more on developing good body shape.
- eat healthy - I've tried a couple of apps that should have helped me with calorie counting, but using them was too tiring for me. I want to know what I eat and if my diet is correct.
Objective 3: To further develop passions
List of topic that interests me grows each year, but it's a part of me and it's not bad that I have broad knowladge on many things (yet not that deep). I don't want to become professional in the areas below, but I want to perform at least a bit better.
- guitar and piano - I like music, but I don't train enough. I would like to learn a few songs upcoming year and learn to read notes more fluently.
- electronics - more practicing of soldering, I would like to build some guitar effects or simple amp on my own.
- dart - I would like to be able to win leg with double out in raasonable time.
- astronomy - I would like to do regular observations of night sky and learn to find multiple constellations.
- maths, chemistry and physics - I want to revise my current knowledge and able to write simple proofs and calculating derivatives and integrals.
I think my plans are not so unrealistic, but they are definitely ambitious. I will check at the end of the 2024 if they had been completed.Tags: misc